Exploring Perspective Hand Drawing
“This book is a wonderful common sense dictionary of drawing skills. It has all the basic components you can use to learn to draw, along with being a great tool that allows you to understand the components and parts and then see how they come together, how you layer them in. This is not often seen in a book geared toward people at a beginning skill level.” Rhanna Nyman, Artist
This book, in combination with the activity sketchbook and the video clips, provides every student with an opportunity to learn hand line drawing skills, from drawing a line to rendering interior perspective rooms. The step-by-step instructions, hand-drawn illustrations and video demonstrations, provide effective support material for this process. In addition, the creative strategies and helpful hints encourage students to overcome typical stumbling blocks found in learning a new skill.
Creating realistic drawings in proportion relies on the ability to draw a box in perspective. This book is based on the box method of drawing. All of the objects illustrated are interior elements, furniture and accessories.
- The first two chapters focus on one-point and two-point box shapes and drawing in proportion.
- The next chapters use the box shape to draw cylinders, furniture and accessories.
- Some chapters include design elements of texture, value, shade and shadow along with drawing plants.
- Two chapters include projects for a one-point and two point perspective drawing of residential interior rooms.
- The final chapter includes advanced perspective drawing techniques.
Visit SDC Publications to view chapter 2, table of content and video clip.
The companion activity sketchbook provides a step-by-step approach for practicing and developing fundamental perspective line drawing techniques. The activity sketch book corresponds directly with the information in Chapters 1 - 8 in the book. In addition, a number of the enclosed activities have a corresponding video to demonstrate the techniques described in the reference book. These activities are denoted by a disk icon at the end of the instructions and are included on the enclosed DVD.
Preview The Book
Click on the page to flip to the next page